Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beginnings

I come back here for all new beginnings it seems. Scotland. Cross continent trips. I will try to stick with this through the journey. Not just to mark the new beginning.

I am starting a new adventure. I am moving to Chicago within the next month. Really it is probably within the next 3 weeks to start graduate school. In truth that statement isn't real to me yet. I do not have a set moving date. I do not have an apt yet or a roommate. There is still so much for me to do. But I have faith it will all come together.

I have all sorts of feelings about this move. The first being... this makes sense. So many things have pointed me to Chicago. I believe deeply this is what my next step should be. I can feel it in my bones this is where I am suppose to be. It is KISMET. This is where my career, my mind, and my spirit will be nurtured. At the same time I am nervous. This is happening all in the span of a few weeks. I was only accepted a couple of weeks ago. And the excitement is tempered by all sorts of silly worries that have flitted through my head. The "what if's" can be overpowering when so much is yet unclear.

I am jumping in with both feet though. Ready for the adventure that follows. I love this quote "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I'm with you kid. Let's go." - Maya Angelou

Well, " I am with you kid. Let's go"

No comments: